As promised, here is my first big finished project. I found this idea off Pinterest.com and automatically loved it. I have wanted to get a nice wreath for who knows how long but they are always so dang expensive ($40+). So a super cheap do-it-yourself wreath….why not?
Ok. So you start with an old paperback book you have lying around the house that you obviously don’t need anymore. I used a 375-page book Miracle of Forgiveness. (I felt a little sacrilegious but it was pretty beat up and we have 2 other copies so I got over it.)
I took 3 pages and folded them in half. (This will make 2 flowers.)
I cut the edges off so it looks somewhat circular.
Then I cut a spiral circle. Right now there should be 6 layers of paper. Split it so you have 2 3-layer spirals.
Start rolling. Use a hot glue gun to secure the flower as you roll and some extra after so it doesn’t unroll. PS you are going to use LOTS of glue!
Now use more glue to stick it to your wreath. The tutorial I looked at used a foam wreath thing, but I just got a cheap wood-looking one from Savers.
And here you go! Pretty cool, huh? Looking at it, I can see a few areas that I wish I could fix. But for my first attempt, I think it turned out pretty good:)
This is the cutest thing... that I have ever seen! I love where you put it. I totally now want to make one! :)
ReplyDeleteYou know what's so weird? I'm working on making these flowers right now. :) 5 down and I'm already sick of them...not a good sign!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! You are a craft goddess! ha, so awesome.
ReplyDeleteThis looks AWESOME!
ReplyDelete