04 February 2012

It's a girl!

We're having a baby girl!....at least we think so. We went to an ultrasound clinic to find our this lil' one's gender early because we were becoming quite frustrated with waiting for news about houses. So the ultrasound lady starts looking at the baby and pretty much right off the bat she says "Looks like its a girl!" and then about 5 seconds later she says "Oh, nevermind, I think I see his package." And then about 10 seconds later she says "just kidding, that was the umbilical cord. You are having a girl." Part of me is wondering if this lady has any idea what she's doing. But then she spent some time looking all around my belly trying to get a better confirmation and near the end she said "I am 95% sure that this little baby is a girl." We have another ultrsound at my doctor's appointment in a week and a half so then we'll hopefully know for sure.

On a completely different note, Matt got a new gun. He saved up money from Christmas and his birthday and built a Ruger 10/22. I can't go into much detail because I have no idea. But it looks awesome and Matt is actually going out right now with a buddy to scope it in and test it out.  Matt has also started taking piano lessons....from me! He has been wanting to learn for a while and we finally had his first lesson. And he is catching on pretty fast! Here's a video of his efforts.

Kendall is growing up so fast. She is learning new words right and left. Her latest additions are Baby, Socks, Ow-iee, and Hot.  Her eyes have finally started turning brown around the pupil. Bye bye to those cute grey/green eyes.
She loves lotion and antibacterial gel. If she sees any, she WILL get to it (by any means possible), she WILL open it (again by any means possible), and she will rub it all over her hands and then directly into the hair (who knows why).
She has also decided she like to be naked. After naps or periodically throughout the day, she starts taking her clothes off piece by piece. Luckily she hasn't quite figured out how to take off her diaper...hopefully it will take a while.
We just bought Kendall a little chair from Ikea. (I love that store.) It originally came with this off-white padding so I made a little cover for it to keep it cleaner longer. Kendall loves it!

We catch her dancing a lot when music is played. Here is a cute video (its pretty lengthy but she kept on dancing so I kept filming). This is a new version of the Little Mermaid song "Kiss the Girl" it came on after the movie credits and she started dancing.

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY!! Great news with the new baby girl :)
    I love Matt playing the piano, that is such a great talent to learn! Good for him!
    And of course, all the updates about Kendall are so adorable.
    Good Luck on your other house choices you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so excited that you are having another girl, that will be so much fun. And I hope that you guys will find out about your house situation soon. I remember those days and I don't envy you during the waiting game. Not very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! I didn't know Matt was learning to play the Piano..that's pretty sweet! And I meant to tell you how completely ADORABLE that chair for Kendall is!! So cute! Dancing video...also adorable haha I love when she spins at the end lol She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete