26 June 2011

My new ring

Matt and I will be married for 3 years this August.....and this is also ring #3. I don't know how we have such bad luck, but hopefully this will be the end of it.
We originally went with this company called Diamond Nexus, which do these synthetic diamonds. They are supposed to have all the natural components of real diamonds but are made in labs. So we thought, eco-friendly diamonds at the fraction of the cost....why not? So we purchased ring #1. This ring was extremely beautiful and I got so many compliments, but it had major issues. Apparently this design was not engineered correctly because all the stones (center and side ones) would become loose very easily. We were not aware of this problem until after we had got the ring "fixed" twice within the first 6 months of being married. Needless to say, we were a little upset. Diamond Nexus graciously (and with some pressure from Matt) allowed us to pick a new ring. So I picked out ring #2. This was a solitare diamond with an extra band. I wanted to go simple and hoped that this ring would have no problems like the last. Well Matt's graduation came and one night we went out to dinner with his family. After leaving the restaurant, I look down and .... no diamond! By the grace of God, Matt quickly looks and finds the diamond just laying in the middle of the sidewalk. Didn't see that one coming.
I was done. I was so sick of this this happening and of Diamond Nexus. I just wanted to wash my hands of the whole experience and be done. I went for 2 months with a naked finger and finally found an awesome ring at an awesome price. We looked for something a little more unique that was flush all the way across (so I wouldn't scratch Kendall anymore). It also needed to be a national chain compnay(since I was sick of mailing it into Wisconson whenever we had a problem).  So here it is:)
This has both black and white diamonds, which Matt and I really like. And we bought it from Zales and made sure to get the lifetime warranty, just in case:) I really really like it.
PS we find out tomorrow if Diamond Nexus will give us a full refund on our ring. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

  1. Terry said: I love it, Heather. I think it is a much more practical design for a young mohter, and it is beautiful, too. I lost my original wedding set when Matt was a toddler. I went through my whole pregnancy with the twins without a ring. (Swollen fingers don't make a good time to get a new ring.) Al gave me my current wedding ring/mother's ring for my birthday a couple of months after the twins were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one lucky gal to have so many rings...i guess? (since they all went to the crapper)
    your new ring is gorgeous. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete